abnormal vibrations while driving and braking

Old 04-27-05, 07:16 PM
DoanLe
Visiting Guest
abnormal vibrations while driving and braking

Can any experts in here tell me why or what cause the vibration when driving at 65 mph and braking at 30 mph and how to fix it? When driving at 65mph my steering wheel so shaking and hard to maintain control .

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-05, 10:50 PM
I'm going to try without vehicle info/detail.

First of, if all of the front suspension parts are in good shape, I'd look at the condition of tires, if tires are wearing OK, try to balance all four tires first, this's for your 65mph steering wheel shimmy.

Then, on your brake shakes/pulsating when brakes are apply, again, if all of front suspension parts/components are in good shape, your brake rotor need to resurfaces, you can take them off and to NAPA or local machine shop and ask if they can do it.

Old 04-27-05, 10:52 PM
DKM
Originally Posted by DoanLe
Can any experts in here tell me why or what cause the vibration when driving at 65 mph and braking at 30 mph and how to fix it? When driving at 65mph my steering wheel so shaking and hard to maintain control .

thanks
You may have a bad tire or steering componant (ie; Tie Rod End, Drag Link, Idler arm) Recommend you get if checked by a professional ASAP, before you loose control and crash. If a Tie Rod breaks you WILL loose control and @ 65 MPH probably die. We wouldn't want that. Please get it check out now!

David

Old 04-27-05, 10:56 PM
well it could be alot of things suggest seeing a shop to have the vehicle checked over it may have wornout sterring or suspension components or could be a bad tire or out of alignment but you should have it checked as soon as possible as it may not be safe to drive in its current condition.
shaking while braking is usually due to warped brake rotors, however you should see about the vibration or shaking while driving at 65 first as it may be related.

Old 04-28-05, 04:33 PM
DoanLe
Visiting Guest
Thanks you all for the inputs and suggestions. I will have it check this weekend. Again thank you all