Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Oil in the air filter.....

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

04-30-05, 03:20 AM   #1  
Oil in the air filter.....

I have an 83 Dodge D150 pickup with a slant six 225 c.i. engine, auto trans, 2 bbl carb and 2wd. My air filter has quite a bit of oil in it. How did it get there? Is it an easy fix to cure this from happening?

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

04-30-05, 03:49 AM   #2  
Check your pcv valve, hirsch; could be stuck causing excess back-pressure in the engine forcing oil into the air filter housing. Engine may be in need of rings, too.

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

04-30-05, 06:19 AM   #3  
TYVM Towguy!!!! Hope its the pcv valve. I cannot afford a ring job, and the truck isn't worth it. However I did buy an 85 Dodge with the same engine. When I finally get it home, my roommmate and I might do a slow engine rebuild, and transplant it into the 83.

Group Moderator

FL

05-01-05, 02:59 PM   #4  
Surprised anything that old up there in the snow belt still has a body!

P.S. You could also have an obstructed hose, so make sure the hose(s) are clear.

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

05-05-05, 03:54 PM   #5  
It has a few rust holes in the bed and one or two in the cab. The frame is good, unlike my old Mazda B2000 which I believe had a frame constructed of Maxwell Hose coffee cans

Search this Thread