Mustang Experts

Old 05-02-05, 02:30 AM
royalet
Visiting Guest
Mustang Experts

I recently purchased a 94 gt, the power sontrol switch for the mirrors and locks on the drivers door doesnt work, thge passenger works, I noticed that they had jumper wired the switch to the fuse box but for some reason it affects the radio when you use it. my question is would anyone know which wire on the door controls (drivers side) is the hot wire, 2nd question, how can i tell if it has factor headers or if they are aftermaket, anywhere i should look in particular on the headers. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-05, 03:20 AM
I can't imagine why anyone would do this. Just download the factory service manual CD and troubleshoot it yourself.

As to the exact location of the downloadable manual, PM me. You'll need high speed internet.

Old 05-02-05, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by royalet
2nd question, how can i tell if it has factor headers or if they are aftermaket, anywhere i should look in particular on the headers. Thanks
Aftermarkets should (but not always) have a big rectangular plate visible on them somewhere (usually on the top of one of the front tubes) that has the CARB (emissions) exempt info on them
Aftermarkets will usually be 1&5/8" tubes
Aftermarkets have less "dimples" and "squishes"
The stockers look squeezed or pinched on either side near the head where the bolts go, the AMs usually not
If you still can't tell let me know, I'm sure I can find pics of each

Old 05-03-05, 01:58 AM
royalet
Visiting Guest
mustang

I will take a look,it sounds good though, only thing i dont like is when i am slowing down without it in gear you hear the exhaust, real deep with like a backfiring cough, as if i am breaking it down in gear

Old 05-03-05, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by royalet
I will take a look,it sounds good though, only thing i dont like is when i am slowing down without it in gear you hear the exhaust, real deep with like a backfiring cough, as if i am breaking it down in gear
Very common on the 5 liters when the exhaust is opened up, specially to 2 1/2 inches (which is a pretty common mod)
Like in the later stages of a cold when your not hacking but doing that throat-clearing-flem-loosening-cough thing right? Sorta sounds like that?

Old 05-04-05, 07:41 AM
royalet
Visiting Guest
Absolutely