Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1990 toyota v6 p/u

Visiting Guest

05-03-05, 09:23 PM   #1  
kurknsheila
1990 toyota v6 p/u

my truck will overheat in the afternoon when its hot out but when its cool out it has gotten hot a few times but for the majority of time is is ok. i am lost on what to do. can you help please?

Sponsored Links

05-04-05, 02:45 AM   #2  
Is the coolant low? Any leaks? When was last time the Thermostat was replaced? Does it have Electric cooling fan(s) or fan clutch?. Those are the things I would check first. Does it only overheat with the A/C on?
David

05-04-05, 05:29 PM   #3  
Check the coolant, those 3.0L were imfamous for HG blowing #6 and #1 cly.

Does it skip or miss when started after sitting a while?

Visiting Guest

05-09-05, 02:30 AM   #4  
kurknsheila
the coolant is good. what is hg & cly? Yes it misses most of the time while idleing. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
Posted By: toyotaman11769 Check the coolant, those 3.0L were imfamous for HG blowing #6 and #1 cly.

Does it skip or miss when started after sitting a while?

05-09-05, 02:35 AM   #5  
cyl=cylinder
hg=headgasket

Do you have to add coolant? is ther white smoke from the exhaust after you start it?

Visiting Guest

05-09-05, 02:42 AM   #6  
kurknsheila
Coolant is good. I just replaced the thermostat a month ago. It has a fan clutch. I'm not sure if it overheats with ahe a/c on it has not been hot enough. thank for all your help.

Thanks,
Kurk
Posted By: DKM Is the coolant low? Any leaks? When was last time the Thermostat was replaced? Does it have Electric cooling fan(s) or fan clutch?. Those are the things I would check first. Does it only overheat with the A/C on?
David

Search this Thread