Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

coolant coming out of overflow

Visiting Guest

05-04-05, 02:03 AM   #1  
michaelsjuly21

I just changed the waterpump and coolant comes out of the overflow cotainer and a bolt on the engine right after i start the car up. prior to my changing the waterpump i changed the thermostat becase the car was overheatig.

Last edited by michaelsjuly21; 05-04-05 at 02:34 AM.

Sponsored Links

05-04-05, 02:34 AM   #2  
Did you replace the thermosat?? Most comman over heat fault is stuck T-stat. I replace the t-stat any time I drain the coolant if it hasn't been done within a year or so.

What bolt is the coolant coming out??. Is it a air bleed srew or one of the water Pump Bolts? What Year/Make/Model/Emgine? May have needed to use sealer on bolts if they go into the water jacket.

Need more Info!

David

Visiting Guest

05-04-05, 02:37 AM   #3  
michaelsjuly21

yes i changed the thermostat. the colant starts to come out of the basket / radiator instantly, like something is cloged.

05-04-05, 03:02 AM   #4  
May just have air traped. If equipped with a air bleed srew or plug, open it. On some vehicles I refill the engine before installing the t-stat or pull a heater hose off at the highest point in the system to let some of the air out as I fill it. Maybe with more info someone else may be able to help and give coolant refill procedure for your specific vehicle.

Again,what bolt is the coolant coming out??. Is it a air bleed srew or one of the water Pump Bolts? What Year/Make/Model/Engine? May have needed to use sealer on bolts if they go into the water jacket. Need more Info!

Time for this puppy to get some sleep.
David

Search this Thread