2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee transmission trouble

Old 05-06-05, 05:38 PM
lhoudmann
Visiting Guest
Smile 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee transmission trouble

undefined I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Laredo w/ Automatic transmission with OD. When it is in 2WD it feels as if I am starting out in 2nd gear. Otherwise the transmission works fine. Why would my cars transmission be starting out in 2nd gear? It's like it is skipping 1st gear. Starts of very slow in 2nd gear.

My car runs fine when I put the auto transmission in 1st gear and then switch to 2nd and then to Drive.

Please help,

Thanks,

Lyndon

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-05, 01:21 PM
popps
Visiting Guest
Gotta love that 2nd gear start. can you feel the clutch pack wearing thin. I'm kidding, I can't remember but I think you have a 727 trans. There could be something wrong with the """""""" crap I can't think of the name of the part. In the back of the trans there is a round cover. I post later when it comes to me. Anyway did you change the fluid and was there any metal or dark fluid present in the pan.

Old 05-07-05, 01:27 PM
popps
Visiting Guest
Sorry I didn't see the year, 02 it coud be electronic I don't know. But starting out in 2nd is very bad for it. It may have to go on a snap-on scanner to see if there is a faulty solenoid inside. Scanner can also shift it, so it can be troubleshooted. ( if it's electronic)