89 civic hb wont start

Old 05-09-05, 11:39 PM
deepee15
Visiting Guest
89 civic hb wont start

hi. i'm having trouble with my car for a year. it just hard to start. i change the main relay and the alternator because i thought thats what is wrong with it but i still have the same problem. i think its about the fuel. whenever i try to start it, the check engine wont go off and i don't hear any clicking sound. hope you can help me. thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-05, 03:37 AM
So the engine wont turn over? Have you tested the battery? Tried a new battery? The alternator will not keep the engine from turning over or starting so that was probably a waste of money to start with. You need to check for fuel and fire. IF you have those then it should at least try to start. IF it will not turn over and the battery is good then you may have a starter problem or the engine is locked up. Get a socket and ratchet and try to turn the engine at the crankshaft bolt. If that works then its not locked up. Now go tap lightly on the starter and see if that makes a difference. IF you know how to test for power then test the wires at the starter for voltage. If you have voltage there then you could be looking at a starter problem.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Old 05-10-05, 09:34 PM
deepee15
Visiting Guest
I think the problem is about the fuel because i never heard the clicking thing and the check engine go off. coz' if this incident happened my car wouldn't start.

Old 05-11-05, 05:51 PM
That made absolutely no sense. Please rephrase your reply using the english language.
Thank you,
Billy

One note: if the engine is not running.... then the check engine light is going to be on regardless, depending on the vehicle, it may go out after a few seconds. But it will always come on when the key is cycled for a bulb test.