Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ford Taurus Shimmy at 60

IA

05-10-05, 08:19 AM   #1  
Ford Taurus Shimmy at 60

My daughter drives a 1999? Ford Taurus. It has a shimmy at about 60 mph. Otherwise drives smooth with no pull to the left or right. She was advised to get the front end aligned. I don't think that is the cause. Any suggestions for her to ask her mechanic?? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-10-05, 08:29 AM   #2  
STOMPER93
check tires for cupping, could be struts, tire rotation or ari pressure. my wifes car did the same thing when we got the tires rotated.

05-10-05, 08:56 AM   #3  
How many miles are on the car? How many miles are on the tie rod ends? Do the tires look alignment damaged? Did you check the ball joints? How many miles are on the struts?

05-10-05, 12:25 PM   #4  
Suggestions? Tie rods

Visiting Guest

05-10-05, 03:15 PM   #5  
DNT1
I think the alignment is good advice since the technician will first check all the parts and pieces for wear and will probably let you take a look at it while it is on the rack if there is a problem. If you get the alignment done and still have problems it is most likely the tires. When was the last time it was aligned? How many miles on this puppy?

Search this Thread