Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

J-36607 Ball Joint Separator Tool

taxman's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

05-15-05, 06:21 PM   #1  
J-36607 Ball Joint Separator Tool

I want to change the ball joints on my Blazer. The book says to use a J-36607 ball joint separator or equivalent. I assume the J- is a GM tool. What is the equivalet tool to use?

Sponsored Links
car nut's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 478

05-15-05, 07:02 PM   #2  
You don't say what year you are working on
The factory manual for a 95 blazer calls it a ball joint seperator and shows a less than great picture of it. It looks somewhat C shaped with 1 longer and 1 shorter leg. The shorter leg has a half circle cut out. However it is not mantioned or shown in the description of how to change the upper or lower balljoint?? It kind of looks like you hit it with a hammer but I can't really tell from the picture of it.
I believe you can just use a regular pickle fork type as long as you are replacing the ball joints and dont care if you ruin the grease boot

Search this Thread