GM engine code

Old 05-16-05, 04:50 PM
GM engine code

I have A 95 blazer 4.3 w with a po441 code Had a vaccume hose replaced and light turned off the next day the light is back on.Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-05, 05:33 AM
ahhh...

1995...the bas**** year. that vehicle is equipped an with OBD II system but was only OBD I certified, so the functions of the OBD II system are limited in application and use.

PO 441 is a vacuum canister code (part of OBD II is that evaporative emissions must be monitored better) and the most common thing is a gas cap left loose or failed. have you replaced the cap recently? not just any cap that fits will work. also...what hose was replaced? perhaps another one was disturbed while doing that work...or it has others that need to be replaced.

the official procedure for finding the leak has the technician using some fancy equipment to locate the leak...there is the possibility that the purge solenoid has failed...the trouble shooting procedure will have to be followed to prove that tho.

Old 05-18-05, 07:09 PM
I picked up A new cap from the GM dealer today The vaccume hose from the back of the intake to the thing mounted on the underside of the hood. (plastic ball) I will see if the cap helps Thank you.