Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1985 Monte Carlo backfires

05-16-05, 06:37 PM   #1  
1985 Monte Carlo backfires

My friend just lost his wife and daughter and has a lot of bills to pay. He does not have much money or a computer so I told him I would check on this. He has a 1985 monte carlo, when he give it gas on the interstate it backfires and it sometimes stalls and he will have to pull over and waite for a bit and then start it. He put new plugs, plugs wires, rotor cap, a pvc filter ( it sets on top of the value covers and has a vacuum hose in it), a converter on the mufler and check all the vacuum hoses and he does not know what is wrong.
He has a 1985 montel carlo 6 cly, automatic with a 4.3 L in it. He need the car to go to work, is there any one that can help. Thank you
Kohala55

Sponsored Links

05-17-05, 06:07 AM   #2  
The backfiring upon accleration is due to it running lean. This Monte if fuel injected if I remember correctly. If it does this while stepping down on the throttle, there may be a restriction in the throttle body where the MAP sensor gets it's vacuum signal.

Search this Thread