SRS Light On - 97 Honda Civic

Old 05-16-05, 11:49 PM
SRS Light On - 97 Honda Civic

Trying to figure out what is wrong and reset the SRS light on this car. I connected an ODB2 code reader but it does not read back any error codes. Is a special reader needed to read SRS code problems.

Would appreciate any insight into how to troubleshoot this.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-05, 01:29 PM
I would go to the dealer and have them find out why the light is on. Most generic OBDII readers won't read SRS codes.

Just like ABS problems, you should have this fixed quickly.

Old 05-19-05, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the response. This is for a friend but I suspected a generic code reader will not work. On my car the airbag systems sends out codes on pin 9 of the DLC which is not one that has been defined by the OBD2 standard and so can be used as desired by the specific car maker.

I have seen some DIY fixes on the net for this but not sure how good/safe they are.

Old 05-20-05, 11:06 PM
DNT1
Visiting Guest
I once had a couple of the cutest puppies little black labs at my house they were real cute but would chew anything and everything. I had just bought a brand new Ford Ranger pickup truck and after just a few days I found that the cruise control would not work. I took it to the dealer and they explained that the cruise control module would have to be replaced and part had to be ordered. Well after a couple of days I noticed what looked like some wire laying in the driveway and just kinda poked my head underneath now you can imagine what I saw a huge mass of wires chewed off at the transmission.(Yep those dealer service people are real sharp) Anyway take a close peek around the front of the car at the sensor area right behind the bumper and look for teeth marks LOL