Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Back seat of a corolla

Visiting Guest

05-18-05, 09:01 AM   #1  
toyota_paul
Back seat of a corolla

Does anyone know how to fold down the back seat of a 2000 toyota corolla? My trunk won't open and the dealership and locksmith don't know what to do. The back seat does fold down, but its release lever is in the TRUNK!

Sponsored Links

05-18-05, 12:01 PM   #2  
I would try to take the lower seat out and you may be able to get to the remove the lower hinge pins for the upper seat back to pull the seat away enough to get at the cable or latch holding it in above and the crawl into the trunk area. Then you have to get at the latch that holds the trunk tight. I worked in body shops plenty and got lots of trunks open and I'm surprised the dealership can't do this for you and I'd try another locksmith as they can usually make keys when they don't have the tumbler or a separate key. A good lock picking set will do with the right guy.

05-19-05, 04:23 AM   #3  
I agree

I agree with Jeffk...try another locksmith. There is no reason the trunk cannot be picked open. I do it almost everyday here in this tourist town.

cuedude

Group Moderator

FL

05-20-05, 04:37 PM   #4  
And the KWPD hasn't caught you yet?

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

Search this Thread