Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

How much synthetic oil is in synthtic blend?

Visiting Guest

05-19-05, 08:23 PM   #1  
lantyr
How much synthetic oil is in synthtic blend?

I like to use the synthetic oils, and sometimes get synthetic blend instead of full synthetic. I always wonder how much synthetic is in the blend. Fifty percent? A thimbleful? Does anyone really know????

Sponsored Links

AL

05-20-05, 05:38 AM   #2  
I suggest that you post your question at www.bobistheoilguy.com. That forum specializes in lubricant related issues. You will probably learn more than you ever wanted to know.

05-20-05, 10:59 AM   #3  
? I would guess that whatever the price difference is in regular oil and blended syn. is / where does the price of the blend fall. Half as much would lead me to believe it was fifty fifty or 1/4 the cost might would be 25% syn.? I would either use full syn or regular. knowing the oil com. if they say its a blend the might not put but a drop in it? I think a blend defeats the purpose if you want syn. then use full syn if not use reg.

AL

05-20-05, 12:29 PM   #4  
Lantyr, I see you made it to BITOG. Got all you asked for and more, I suppose.

Visiting Guest

05-20-05, 08:50 PM   #5  
lantyr
Yes, thanks

Thanks for the tip. I was hoping for a simpler answer though. I didn't realize oil was so complex.

Search this Thread