Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

92 Nissan pick-up, won't start

Visiting Guest

05-21-05, 12:39 PM   #1  
kfkate
92 Nissan pick-up, won't start

I have a '92 Nissan pick-up that suddenly wouldn't start. I took off the starter and it was locked up. Replaced it with new one but it still won't start. I checked the switch under the clutch and it's okay. It will start if I touch the 2 bolts on the starter with a screwdriver. Could it be a relay switch? I need help fast!!

Sponsored Links

05-21-05, 01:04 PM   #2  
Is it Std or automatic? Standard check the clutch petal switch and or nuetral safety switch if that model has one. If its automatic check the neutral/park safety switch.
You can unplug the switch and jump it with a jumper wire and see if it will crank.

05-22-05, 05:36 AM   #3  
I think the Inhibitior/Interlock relay is bad, try to locate the relay first, it's on the passenger side of engine compartment, along the inner fender, between headlight and strut towel, you'll see a relay rack with may be 4-5 relays(depending on model) on it, try to find a biggest blue relay (bigger than the normal blue and green ones) and give it a tap with a screwdriver handle when it's not starts, you may have to ask someone to hold the key in crank position while tapping on the relay.

Search this Thread