2000 chevy silvardo starting problem

Old 05-27-05, 01:22 PM
eagle_us_1
Visiting Guest
Exclamation 2000 chevy silvardo starting problem

If Anyone Can Help Please!
I Have A 2000 Chevy Silvardo 5.3, Mechanic Not For Sure What Is Causing This. During The Day (which Has Been Hot Lately) It Runs Fine But After It Sets, It Is Hard To Start. But Once It Has, Usually After Holding The Gas Peddle Down All The Way Which In Turn Floods My Engine, But The Mechanic Got It To Start Finally Just By Turning The Key, It Runs Fine Until The Next Afternoon And The Same Problem Occurs,I Have Changed The Fuel Filter. what can be causing this problem?mechanic at a loss!

Last edited by eagle_us_1; 05-27-05 at 01:38 PM. Reason: choosing an icon
Old 05-27-05, 03:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 247 Upvotes on 199 Posts
Have you checked to see if there are any codes stored?

Old 05-27-05, 04:59 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Intermittant starting problems those Silverados are almost always caused by a failed fuel pump. Hang onto your wallet if you need one of those!

It needs to be tested by attaching a fuel pressure gage.

Also, do keep an eye on the security light, if that's staying on, you've got another problem all together.

Old 05-30-05, 07:40 PM
snozuloz
Visiting Guest
Many times the fuel pressure regulator will leak fuel into its vac line causing hard starting as it is dumping extra gas into the engine. Check the vac line for fuel. When you hold the gas down and it starts, the computer is in clear flood mode, cutting off fuel.
Also I have seen plenty of bad intake gaskets on this engine causing starting and drivability concerns

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: