Car Mirror Replacement

Old 05-27-05, 03:09 PM
HylianDanny
Visiting Guest
Car Mirror Replacement

Upon going back to my car after visiting a friend, I found my side (driver's side) mirror broken off (almost as if it had been hit with a baseball bat, or like if another car had driven through it). I got a universal replacement mirror, but Im wondering how much I should take off (of the old mirror)? Im worried about dismantling a vital part of my door, so if anyone can lead me through the process, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here is some additional info that maybe could help you help me:

Toyota Tercel, '91.
I've taken off the "shell" of the mirror, along with the mirror itself. There's a sort of flat bar sticking out of what's left, along with a few screws and plastic pieces covering the screws. I can turn them, but nothing comes out of doing that.

If you're thinking "this has been answered somewhere in these forums already", I googled up "how to" along with the title, but the link to a Q&A section within these forums didnt answer the question.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-05, 03:26 PM
Most likely better off replacing it with a direct replacement. Happens to be a link under your post for like $46 and will work better than a universal.

BTW there is a cover on the inside , pop it off and find three fasteners, reverse to install.

http://www.getcrashparts.com/parts.a...t=&partspage=2