hyundai starter problem

Old 05-27-05, 03:30 PM
sniper3270
Visiting Guest
hyundai starter problem

I have a 96 hyundai 1.8 liter automatic trans wife told me she thought the battery was going dead went to check it started real slow long story short battery /altanator fine tryed to crank it again nothing not even a click figured starter checked wires fine tapped it with hammer started right up does the starter still need to be changed or maybe there was just something hung in the starter??

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-05, 03:51 PM
Replace the starter or teach your wife the hammer trick so she won't get stranded somewhere. Not sure how much longer the starter will be able to go on like this, probably not too long.

Old 05-27-05, 04:00 PM
sniper3270
Visiting Guest
hyundai starter problem

that's what i thought that's why i ask first it's a pain to get to and if my wife had to she would do it but i'll change it for her iv'e tapped on them before it not work very well other times iv'e done it and never had another problem out of them but it's wife and kids riding in the car.

Old 05-27-05, 04:06 PM
Thats enough reason to and change it and I'm sure she'll appreciate the assurance that the starter is going to be reliable. I've known people to start the car this way with the hammer and it is never been a permanent fix.