ac compressor leak?

Old 05-30-05, 03:56 PM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down ac compressor leak?

I bought a new ac compressor online and my car wont hold any freon charge so i bought a flourecent dye leak detector kit and couldnt find any leaks, so i took off the aluminum fitting that bolts on to the compressor and i found the dye on the input of the compressor, but none going out. Any ideas on what is wrong.

Thanks, Bill

Old 05-30-05, 09:47 PM
Z
i tested the power to it with a multimeter and found out that the compressor is not getting any power so maybe the clutch is not kicking in? there is a pressure sensor on the high side that only lets the compressor run if the presure is between 40 and 430 psi, how do i get pressure on the high side if the compressor wont cycle on? Could i screw anything up if i try to bypass the switch? theres three wires, i could try connecting them and see which combination gets it going.

(93 grand am 2.3L sohc)

Old 05-31-05, 08:27 PM
Z
well i found the leak, but i am also having an electrical problem, I think. THe compressor clutch wont engage when the ac is on, even when i bypass the pressure switch on the high side, I can get the compressor clutch to activate by hooking it up straight to the battery, (thats what i did to find the leak) But im wondering if there is another switch somewhere or something that is keeping it from sending power to the compressor. I checked the fuse and the fuse is fine. When i bypass the switch, my rpms jump and my fan comes on but there is still no power to the compressor. Any idea why there is no power going to the compressor and what i can do to fix it.

Old 06-05-05, 02:04 AM
russdee
Visiting Guest
on your car there is a sticker for ac info. you need pounds lb. not OZ. it should take 2 lb. or under

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: