Need help recharging a/c system with R-134.

Old 06-03-05, 08:58 AM
Need help recharging a/c system with R-134.

I have a '93 Cadillac Sedan Deville and I want to recharge the a/c system with the R-134 freon. The car has an electronically controlled ventilation system which disables the a/c function from turning on if there's not enough freon in the system. Will I need some special equipment to make the computer turn on the a/c function so I can recharge the system?

Thanks for any assistance.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-05, 05:59 AM
well first if its a 93 it might be r12, my car is a 93 and was originally a r12. But to get around the pressure switch i just hooked the wires going to the compressor directly to my battery with some extra wire and alagator clips.

Old 06-10-05, 05:39 PM
Thumbs up Follow-up message

Thanks to some aid in one of the replies to my post, I finally found out that I was supposed to disconnect the negative post from the battery for at least 5 seconds then reconnect it, start the motor, then quickly connect the freon to the low pressure port and charge the system. I did all this and it appears to be a success because after charging it with just 2 cans, the a/c was blowing out some pretty cool air inside.

So I just want to appreciate everybody who took time out to help me find out what I needed to do to charge my car's a/c system. Thank you all!

Search this Thread