90 Chevy Astro Temp Sensor

Old 06-10-05, 07:17 PM
Question 90 Chevy Astro Temp Sensor

does my van have more than one temp sensor, and does any one know where its is, i looked on auto zone and there things doesnt really help

I went to advance auto parts and the guy there asked if it was a high output or not and i said i didnt know, he said i had to find out before he could sell me a temp sensor. how could i tell if it was a high output or not?

Last edited by chevyastro4x4; 06-10-05 at 07:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-05, 03:50 AM
It should be in between the first two cyl. on the head on one side of the motor, driver side maybe. it should be about mid ways between the first two spark plugs.

Old 06-11-05, 05:48 AM
Comptech
Visiting Guest
The one between the cylinders is the temp gauge SENDER, the temp SENSOR is in the front of the intake manifold. The sensor is the one that the PCM uses for fuel calculations ect. If you have a gauge problem look for the sender, if a check engine light, look for the sensor.

Old 06-11-05, 07:25 AM
ok i found the sender one, but my other question is i need to know how to find out if my van is the high output or not, how can i tell?

Old 06-11-05, 09:39 AM
Ask the parts guy to look up the part for the high output and for the regular. I'll bet you the part numbers are the same. If not the van should say HO somewhere on the engine or on the engine compartment sticker might say somthing like 4.3 ltr HO. But still I bet the parts are the same.

Old 06-11-05, 11:23 AM
ok thanks for all your help