why aren't my signal lights working?

Old 06-14-05, 11:11 AM
spidergirl
Visiting Guest
why aren't my signal lights working?

i have a 90 t-bird that's been giving me one headache after another, the latest being that my signal lights worked occasionally for about 2 weeks, then totally quit on me the other day. it's not the fuse, and can't be a burnt bulb because it affected both sides every time. at times i can hear a buzz from something in the steering column when i try to use them & when i pull/insert the fuse, and i've poked around in there to see if there's a loose wire but no luck. there is still some sort of connection because the cornering lamps still work. if anyone could give me some advice on what it may be i'd truly appriciate it. i've become one of those jerks i swear at that don't use a turn signal!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-05, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
could be a bad signal switch if they dont even light up, you may need to see a shop for testing or a good wiring diagram of the switch and a test light and test the switch yourself.

Old 06-15-05, 05:53 PM
spidergirl
Visiting Guest
got them working & thankfully it was indeed only the flasher. $22 new (this model has a combined hazard/signal flasher. brilliant o.O ) compaired to $318 for a switch... ~phewf~
thanks for your input.