01 durango low press line 100.........

Old 06-14-05, 02:37 PM
RichDandG
Visiting Guest
01 durango low press line 100.........

01 durango had compressor replaced with new by dealer when old one froze up, system cleaned out and charged. 3 days later I took it back because it was only blowing cool air (not cold at all) they recharge and say it's ok so I leave in 3 days same thing.......I take it to another mechanic friend of mine who tells me he cant figure it out but the low pressure line has 100psi!!!!!! and should only be at 40 - 45. Still only blows cool (on a good day) anybody got any ideas????

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-05, 02:59 PM
if low side pressure is 100 psi with a/c running it could be overcharged, a expansion valve or orfice tube problem or a problem with the valves in the compressor or possibly a restriction in the system not likely though.

Old 06-14-05, 07:54 PM
RichDandG
Visiting Guest
If it was overcharged wouldn't it be cold and not just cool??

Old 06-14-05, 08:09 PM
gpadilla
Visiting Guest
How do You Vacum

the a/c lines?

Old 06-14-05, 08:21 PM
overcharged usually does not cool at all or very little depending on how much it is overcharged.

Old 06-14-05, 08:56 PM
RichDandG
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the replies, is there anything I could try before taking it to another mechanic?? How would I discharge it some?

Old 06-14-05, 09:09 PM
suggest just seeing a shop as there is a good chance that overcharging may not be the problem as several things could cause this problem.
if not taking back to the dealer there is shops that specialize in a/c work and should not have any problem diagnossing or repairing the system many general repair shops do alot of a/c work during the summer also.