93 jeep grand charokee limited no spark

Old 06-15-05, 12:03 AM
WarrenDavid25
Visiting Guest
Question 93 jeep grand charokee limited no spark

I have a jeep grand charokee limited that i have owned for a while and i have never had any problems with the jeep up to this point. I was using my jeep to go to the store and it was running as good as it always dose. i cam home and parked it. I went to jump back in it two hours later and it would not start. i could smell the gas so i could tell it was getting it but when i took the spark plug out it was getting no spark at all so i pulled another and nothing still. i was wondering if anyone may have an idea why it is not getting a spark is it a fuse,coil or something eles?????? please help P.S. why would it just stop like that and have no spark?????

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-05, 07:08 AM
well you could check for spark at the coil a very weak spark at the coil would likely indicate a bad coil, if no spark you should have codes read, as it may very well have a code stored that is related to the no start condition.
you can likely do this by cycling the key on and off 3 times quickly and leaving it in the on position and counting check engine light flashes 12 and 55 is normal, 55 is the last code displayed. any other codes you would want to look up or post back here for more info.

Old 06-15-05, 09:07 AM
WarrenDavid25
Visiting Guest
Question

i want to thank you bejay for your e mail i'm not sure if that will work but i will try it. a friend had told me that it could be the cut off chip for the security system i don't know???? If it was how do i disconect it or how would i check it and take the security system out if neededt?????? please help anyone

Old 06-15-05, 01:08 PM
any factory security system would not cause the problem you describe they are designed to let the engine start but only for a few seconds before removing injector pulse wich causes the engine to die.

Old 06-15-05, 03:45 PM
WarrenDavid25
Visiting Guest
I appreciate the reply Bejay. What would cause a no spark if there is no power getting to the coil? I took a tester and checked the fuses and there was no fuses blown. So what would cause the vehicle to not recieve a spark at all? Could it be a computer chip or possibly a loose wire????? If anyone can reply to this and help me out it would be much appreciated. I've looked at many different things on my vehicle so far and have not recieved any results from the information I have gathered. NO SPARK NO WORK LOL

Old 06-16-05, 02:53 AM
the coil will only have power to it for a few seconds when the key is turned to the on position it will also have power when the engine is cranking if it is getting an rpm signal from the cranksensor, crank sensor failure is common but it will usually store a code in the computer. so when you check for power at the coil have some one cycle the key on and off every few seconds or crank the engine over while checking for power at the coil.

Old 06-16-05, 01:33 PM
WarrenDavid25
Visiting Guest
Question

ya i was wondering if it could possibly the crank sensor because it controls the chip which controls the coil. has anyone herd of that part going often on the jeeps? bejay or anyone out there if you can help any other ideas would be great. please and thank you i try to help as many people as i can on this but when it comes to my own vehical i can't seem to find what is wrong. LOL

Old 06-29-05, 07:48 PM
WarrenDavid25
Visiting Guest
Wink Fixed

I went into the jeep dealerand found the problem it was the coil. Thank god