96 S-10 Blazer rear hatch window problem.

Old 06-17-05, 03:18 PM
96 S-10 Blazer rear hatch window problem.

The solenoid is working but it will not trip the latch so the window will not open. There is an access hole to stick a screwdriver into to work the latch if the solenoid goes bad or if the battery is dead. However this just seems to activate the solenoid. It appears that something is broken or disconnected between the solenoid & the latch.

Has anyone had this problem and is there anyway to get the window open without tearing up the plastic trim to get to the latch?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-05, 10:09 AM
We just had the same problem the other day in our shop( GM dealership). The piece that attatches the actuator to the release lever breaks. The plastic hatch cover's retaing screws are, as you know ,on the side and can't be accessed with the hatch closed. Our only option was to break the cover off and our costs from GM was 138.00.!!! Good luck

Old 06-19-05, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by fordtech
We just had the same problem the other day in our shop( GM dealership). The piece that attatches the actuator to the release lever breaks. The plastic hatch cover's retaing screws are, as you know ,on the side and can't be accessed with the hatch closed. Our only option was to break the cover off and our costs from GM was 138.00.!!! Good luck
Thanks for the reply. Not what I wanted to hear but at least I know what I am up against. Can the broken piece be repaired, is it a replacement item or do you need to buy a new actuator?

Old 06-21-05, 04:51 PM
I'd check a junk yard myself and try and get the cover too. We had to replace the actuator itself because the portion that broke was the plastic end of the actuator.