1996 ford ranger

Old 06-19-05, 09:36 AM
1996 ford ranger

I'm looking to get some used rims for a 96 ranger 2WD supercab. it currently has 14" on it but I want to upgrade to 15". I have a set of 15" tires already sizes are as follows:P225/70R15. I guess what i'm not sure about is the width of the rims. Does it matter for the truck? Does it matter for the fit of the tires? I already know the bolt pattern also, I guess I just need a little guidance on what to look for. (I'll be getting them from a junkyard or a used rim dealer, not new). thanks alot for the wealth of information I know will be provided to me.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-05, 01:34 PM
Here www.allegiancetire.com/pdfs/ltxms.pdf it says that the recommeded rim width for that size of tire is 6 to 8 inches.

As for whether the new tires will fit, look here http://ejelta.com/tiresize/index.html?ws15=1& to figure out the actual height and width of both tires. Now you know how much wider and higher.

With the original tires on the vehicle, turn the wheel all the way in both directions (have someone hold it) and see how much space you have *all the way around* and decide if it is plausable. If it close, the steering stops can be adjusted to avoid rubbing, but your turning radius will be compromised.

Good luck.