Camry door handle

Old 06-22-05, 05:47 AM
Camry door handle

I have a 94 Camry and all of a sudden I can't open the drivers side door from the inside. The handle on the inside fully extends and seems to work fine, but won't open the door. I'm guessing some part attached to the inside handle broke. Any ideas what it may be? I can open the door fine from the outside. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-05, 05:57 AM
sounds like the rod on the inside of the door has come off. you have to take the door panel off to get to it, once you get the door panel off you should be able to see it. It goes from the latch up to the handle.

Old 06-22-05, 02:45 PM
Exclamation

OK, I was able to remove all the screws on the door panel except for one section. The area right around the door handle itself is still attached and I can't figure out where it is screwed in. If I hold back the door panel I can see that the rod has come loose. When I slide it back in the hole it pops out as soon as I pull the door handle open. So if I can get the entire door panel off I should be able to fix the problem. Does anyone know how the rest of the door panel comes off?

Old 06-22-05, 03:04 PM
Should be two bigger screws, look inside the place you put your hand when closing the door. depending on the armrest piece, if it runs up to the top left of the panel there will be one up there. Just have to look close to find them. somtimes there will be a little cover over the screws or a piece of plastic just use your imagination to find them. When u find them you'll be supprised. They are there................................

Old 06-22-05, 05:12 PM
Well, Toyota did a good job hiding the screws. There is a little release knob in the bottom left corner of the molding that goes around the handle and lock knob. I had to press down on that and pull the trim off. That exposed the two remaining screws.

The problem is the rod snaps into a plastic holder and part of the plastic broke off. I couldn't figure out a way to rig it so I will need a new handle and knob to fix it. I'm hoping to track that down and not have to buy the entire assembly. Thanks for your help Chevydrivin!!