2000 Chevy S10 Auto Transmission

Old 06-23-05, 06:50 AM
GaryG1961
Visiting Guest
2000 Chevy S10 Auto Transmission

My 2.2L S10 was shifting in and out of OD when going up hills (even on slight inclines). The check engine light went on. I had it checked and there were two codes. One was a low voltage fuel sensor and the other was a T12 code I think. Something about transmission slippage. I tuned it up (fuel filter, wires and plugs) because it was running rough. Now it runs great and it doesn't go in and out of OD untill I run it for a while and go up steep hills. Then it will go out of OD and not back into OD until I shut the truck off and start it back up. Then it will go into OD normally untill my next big hill it goes into a lower gear and stays there until I shut it off again and something resets. Any suggestions? Is my transmission shot? What should I expect when I take it in?

Old 06-29-05, 07:09 PM
flintkid
Visiting Guest
I'm not sure what causes this prob maybe some kind of senso or somthing, but i had a similar problem with mine shifting in and out real bad on hills, i figured oh well just drive it till it gos out, didn't take long after a couple weeks blew out the front seal in the transmission, so just as warning u may wanna have it looked at

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: