95 camery idiot lite 4 brake on

Old 06-30-05, 05:15 AM
redman1118
Visiting Guest
95 camery idiot lite 4 brake on

Checked faq's ....
Idiot light only goes off if electrical conection removed from master cylinder. Brake light switch plunger + brake lights operating; Assume I need to replace the replace shorted switch above the brake pedal?
thx in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-05, 05:30 AM
Have you checked the fluid level? Brake light switch at pedal has nothing to do with idiot light on dash.

Old 06-30-05, 05:39 AM
redman1118
Visiting Guest
Yes, fluid level checked; a bit low and topped it off.
Braking is normal while driving btw.....
Next then is removing the a/t center console? seperate switch on emergency brake handle?
Expect I should go to the library and get the repair manual

Checked faq's ....
Idiot light only goes off if electrical conection removed from master cylinder. Brake light switch plunger + brake lights operating; Assume I need to replace the replace shorted switch above the brake pedal?
thx in advance

Old 06-30-05, 05:43 AM
Check the float in the mas. cyl. If the fluid was low, it's not uncommon for them to stick.
Also, check the light - it should get brighter on application of the parking brake. That will at least let you know which switch is setting it off.

Old 06-30-05, 05:50 AM
redman1118
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the help so far
Sounds logical; light intensity doesn't change with pbrake application or release
Where, in the mcylinder, is the and how do I get to it to check it?

Checked faq's ....
thx in advance[/QUOTE]

Old 06-30-05, 05:51 AM
redman1118
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the help so far
Sounds logical; light intensity doesn't change with pbrake application or release
Where, in the mcylinder, is the and how do I get to it to check it?

Checked faq's ....
thx in advance

Old 06-30-05, 06:03 AM
I can't actually picture that one, but in most cases the float is centered in the bottom of the master, right below the cap. It's going to be a simple round float, at full height it should be 1/2 to 3/4 the height of the master. A small screwdriver, pick, etc should give you the feel of where it's at. A few taps or jiggles will usually get them loose. You can always remove some of the fluid to see it as well.

Old 06-30-05, 06:20 AM
redman1118
Visiting Guest
Thank you; I'll check it out tonight and let you know

I can't actually picture that one, but in most cases the float is centered in the bottom of the master, right below the cap. It's going to be a simple round float, at full height it should be 1/2 to 3/4 the height of the master. A small screwdriver, pick, etc should give you the feel of where it's at. A few taps or jiggles will usually get them loose. You can always remove some of the fluid to see it as well