97 elantra brake problems

Old 07-03-05, 08:06 AM
candz
Visiting Guest
97 elantra brake problems

i just changed the front pads and rear pads and calipers on 97 elantra w/ 4 wheel abs disc brakes. Everything seemed to go fine, but when i bled the system, i still can't get any pedal. What could i have done wrong? Any help would be appreciated..

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-05, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by candz
i still can't get any pedal.
Explain what you mean by this. This pedal is hard or it goes all the way to the floor? Did you have this problem before you changed the pads? It might be a brake hose collasped internally. Did any fluid come out when you bled the brakes?

Old 07-03-05, 09:12 AM
candz
Visiting Guest
by no pedal I mean it goes all the way to the floor and this wasn't happening before I changed the brakes. When I bled the lines, fluid came out from each bleeder screw. Thanks for any help

Old 07-03-05, 09:43 PM
Make sure the brake fluid level is normal and you haven't left a bleeder screw loose and you dont see any fluid leaking near the calipers.

Old 07-04-05, 06:00 AM
candz
Visiting Guest
the fluid level is good, and there are no leaks detectable. i am going to try to bleed them again. maybe there is air trapped in the hose somewhere. the rear calipers were off the vehicle for a couple of days waiting for the new ones, thanks for your help.