Touch Up Paint

Old 07-05-05, 03:20 AM
Phuket
Visiting Guest
Touch Up Paint

I want to fix some scratches I have collected on my pick-up. However, I have not usefd touch-up paint before and don;t know the best way to put it on...and NOT highlight the scratches more. If there are any detailing/scratch fixing guys out there could you please send a bit of advice about how to do the job right.

Thanks!
Michael

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-05, 04:47 AM
A friend of mine, an auto body tradesman, used the tiny brush bottles of touch up on his truck all the time. The truck looked great! But on close examination, say 5 feet or less, the touch ups are visible. That is normal.

To maximize the touch up appearance, he would painstakingly dab in only the scratch itself, without overlapping the original paint. That can be tricky to do with that little cheesy brush that comes in those bottles. But if you can do it, it will definately look much better!

I tried it, but found it too difficult for the number of scratches on my truck, and so gave up and just swipped on the brush, overlapping and leaving a 1/4" overlap. Looks good to me

Old 07-05-05, 05:58 AM
toothpick

I find you have more control if you use a toothpick to apply the paint.Use as many as you neeed since the paint will start to build up on it.You can still see the repair but maybe from 3 feet not 5 feet.

Search this Thread