Air vent not working on....

Old 07-05-05, 04:12 PM
Air vent not working on....

on drivers side of car and is working on passanger side when you have the air flow going to the floor. Any suggestions where to try to fix this problem.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-05, 06:14 PM
On what kind of vehicle? Does it have an automatic or manual climate control?

Old 07-06-05, 04:26 AM
I have a Buick '97 LaSeb wtih auto cilmate controls

Old 07-06-05, 05:35 PM
Comptech
Visiting Guest
If it has dual zone A/C you either have a bad mode door actuator or a bad control head. Not something you want to dive into unless you like throwing money away. A controll head for that car is pushing $300 and a actuator is about $125 and requires partial instrument panel removal to replace. You will need very presice diagnostic flow charts and electronic experience to diagnose it yourself. My best advise is to see the dealer and get it diagnosed and pay them for the diagnoses. If it is the control head buy one yourself if they want a ton of money to put it in. If it is the mode door actuator and they only want a couple hours labor to install it let them do it.

Old 07-06-05, 07:09 PM
Ditto. On your car, the tech can connect a scan tool and pull codes from the HVAC module. But given the description of your concern, I would guess the control head itself is the culprit............but I could be wrong .