Water and oil mixing in my car

Old 07-08-05, 11:30 PM
Ale
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Water and oil mixing in my car

Hello everyone! I have a 1994 Geo Tracker, and yesterday as I was checking the oil I found out that the water was mixing with the oil, there was a white layer on the oil cap, a friend of mine suggested to put a sealer on the radiator to temporarily fix the problem, but he told me my car won't last much, is this true? do I have to buy a new engine for my car? or it is fixable?? answers will be appreciated, thanks a lot!! and have a nice weekend.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-05, 12:06 AM
Sometimes moisture collects on the surface of the caps, check the dipstick if the oil is milky.
Don't drive the car your not going to get very far.

Maybe just a head gasket if you did not drive the car to far with water in the oil.

Old 07-09-05, 06:44 AM
GWIZ is right - condensation inside the cap is normal. Unless you're losing/adding coolant and/or overheating, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet.

Old 07-09-05, 08:01 AM
Ale, what kind of driving do you do?.... short trips in a small town or lots of highway driving? A white layer could be normal for short trips. Any history of overheating? As GWIZ mentioned, check the dipstick.... this would be more telling of a problem.

Old 07-09-05, 08:17 AM
Group Moderator
And don't bother with the sealer. If it is a head gasket it is fixable, but you'll be into a few dollars for the repair. Hopefully you haven't had any signs of overheating?

Old 07-09-05, 08:33 AM
Ale
Visiting Guest
Red face

Luckily mi car didn't overheat, so maybe I stopped driving it at a good time, we put the sealer already yesterday morning and will now if it fix the problem while I take the car to the mechanic.
Thanks a lot for your help.