Squeaky Brakes on 2003 Accord

Old 07-10-05, 06:38 AM
jspecguy
Visiting Guest
Squeaky Brakes on 2003 Accord

I have messed with my lady friends darn brakes for the past month....They are new brake pads, and not matter what shim combinations I use, the darn things keep squeaking...If you have any idea/remedy for new squeaky brake pads please let me know....I'm starting to think that it is simply because the pads are the cheapies...maybe better pads in order??? Please, any ideas help

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-05, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by jspecguy

I'm starting to think that it is simply because the pads are the cheapies...maybe better pads in order??? Please, any ideas help

Good place to start...

Old 07-16-05, 07:13 PM
Toyota_Doctor
Visiting Guest
OEM is really the only way to ensure problem/quiet free brakes. Sure they may cost more, but in the long run you wont have problems. I just recently dealt with a customer that had me put aftermarket pads and rotors on his Camry. He brought the vehicle back in a few days later wondering what the noise was coming from the front of his vehicle. I test drove it, and found that when I pushed the brake pedal fully to the floor, and came to a stop I would hear a " Grind " or " Grabbing " sound. The aftermarket brakes were actually too " Grabby " and not within Toyota thickness specs. Hope this helps.

Old 07-16-05, 07:28 PM
Apply a thin coat of brake anti-squeal to the back sides of the pads. They sometimes sell it in tiny $1 packets, enought for 2 wheels.