93' Nissan Altima Problems

Old 07-10-05, 11:13 AM
Knowguy
Visiting Guest
Question 93' Nissan Altima Problems

I just graduated from High School and was looking for a cheap car... I found a 93' Nissan Altima it was a wrecked car and had a few moderate dents and a few interior problems, with around 125,000 miles, but heck they just put a new starter on it and I got it for $1,200 so it wasnt too bad. Thing is the power windows only work on the drivers side and its the only window that will roll up or down, the passenger side front window doesn't even have a window switch. I'm not sure what the problem is, maybe a fuse or they may all need motors.....Also the dashboard clock does not work...im thinking its a fuse as well. Im getting together with some friends on tuesday to take the door panels off and check out the situation.....any advice on what to do?

P.S. The front grill is kinda screwed up and falling off, should I get a new one, and will it work if something is messed up that holds the grill on?

HELP!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-05, 09:46 PM
It sounds like a junk yard would be of some good help for you if you can find a junked altima with the parts you need, preferably one that hasn't had the electrical parts you need exposed to rain. You'll need the switch for the passenger side window to work, even with the driver's switch. You could get it to work with the missing switch through some rewiring, but I'm sure your friends and dates will appreciate being able to operate the window themselves. Check for voltage at any window motor that isn't working before replacing the motor. Check the fuses for the clock and power windows, if more than one power window fuse.

Also try to find the grill parts you need at a junkyard to get that fixed.

I suggest a Haynes or Chiltons manual to guide you through the repairs you'll be doing and you can also find free info on repairs at www.autozone.com.

Last edited by jeff67; 07-10-05 at 09:47 PM. Reason: typo