A/C Blend Door

Old 07-11-05, 07:21 AM
Drew136
Visiting Guest
A/C Blend Door

I have a 1999 Ford F150 and I need to replace the A/C blend door. I have been searching the internet on how to do this but I can't find anything. Does anybody know how to do this? Please give me some step by step directions, Or tell me exactly where it's located. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-05, 04:44 PM
DNT1
Visiting Guest
ALLDATA has what you need for about 25 bucks you have the use of their data base for your vehicle for a year.

Old 07-11-05, 05:44 PM
Be forewarned- It's a time consuming job. The steering column and dash will have to be removed. The A/C system will have to be evacuated, and then recharged once you're done. There's the airbag issue to be concerned with when removing a steering column..Without a labor guide here at home, I'd guess 4-6 hour job, with air toos ect...The blend door in inside the evaporator/heater core case under the dash..(the entire "black box")..

Old 07-11-05, 06:41 PM
DNT1
Visiting Guest
Rare that a blend door actually has to be pulled and replaced most of the time it is just a actuator problem. You can probably access the actuator after removing the glove compartment. Ford had some problems with the little white plastic ear breaking off on the older model explorers. I am not sure about the late model pickups. On the explorer I have drilled a hole thru the plastic piece and shaft and added a small bolt to lock it back together without removing anything other than the glove box.