no spark on 94 aerostar

Old 07-16-05, 07:53 PM
no spark on 94 aerostar

van quit running while going down road noticed loss of power during day then it just quit running. thier is no spark at coil i replaced the ingition module and also coil still know spark any help or advice appericieated. van has 174,000 miles and ran good till this happend still cranks over good with good compression but no spark ty for any info sledge

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-05, 07:57 PM
What condition are the plugs in? That is the first place to start. A new coil cannot overcome fouled plugs.

Old 07-16-05, 08:05 PM
aerostar reply no spark

i am not sure what condition plugs are in what i would like to know is shouldnt the coil be sparking to send it to the plugs if i have nop spark at coil that is before the plugs and wire right ty for info lugnut

Old 07-19-05, 02:12 PM
I've been out of town.

The coil will produce a spark if you test it the same as a plug. Pull the wire and watch for spark as someone turns the engine.

Old 07-19-05, 06:01 PM
now have spark but no start

hello, checked everything coil module and everything else well i finally pulled the distributor found out about 4 or 5 teeth were tottaly chewed up on gear on bottom of shaft replaced dist. now have spark to coil but i think timing is really messed up. put new in now wont start can anybody tell me how to set dist and marks have never done this before ty for any info sledge

Old 07-21-05, 03:32 PM
Bring number one cylinder up to TDC on the compression stroke. Align dist/rotor to number one plug. Volia!