add-on Air never had any

Old 07-27-05, 05:00 AM
marica56
Visiting Guest
add-on Air never had any

I was wanting to add air-conditioning to my 65' Ford Falcon Ranchero. Would that be hard to do a would it bog down my 200-6 ? Which unit to use not sure?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-05, 05:16 AM
If you can find an aftermarket kit to do the job then it would help.

If not, I think it would be a very difficult job. Mounting evaporator and controls in a under dash design, bending your old custom line sets, doing the math to see which belt has to be enlarged to fit the compressor, then trying to find that belt size, find a method to increase engine idle. Finding a compressor that uses v-belts instead of serpentine belts. May need to install a radiator fan shroud that was never manufactured for that model. May even need to upgrade the size of the alternator to run the compressor clutch and a/c blower. And after all that, your windshield may fog up in humid weather since the a/c will not blow out the defroster.

Old 07-27-05, 08:01 AM
under dash unit

Have you looked into a under dash unit the older cars had them?Lots of work to start from fresh.
I would consider before I hack up a classic car.
Go to a classic ford site and some classic Ford fourms and check out what type It came with in 65.
Use that computer and do lots of reasearch dont just settle for anything.