brake clicking

Old 08-06-05, 10:22 PM
greddyct
Visiting Guest
brake clicking

I have a 2000 ford focus zx3 automatic with over 100k miles. whenever I slow down slowly my passenger side front corner is clicking somewere. I have taken my wheel off many times and checked around that spot. Ive also made sure all bolts in that area are on tightly and the clicking wont stop. Im hoping this happened to somene else and its a quick and cheap fix. Thanks for any help.

Old 08-06-05, 10:36 PM
jeffstevens
Visiting Guest
A clicking sound would be the caliper pins. Check them out, maybe when your there change the pads also check the rotors. Stock rotors for these cars do not last long.

Old 08-06-05, 10:39 PM
greddyct
Visiting Guest
were can i find these caliper pins. im not a mechanic, not by a long shot, so i dont know were this stuff is. I have within the past 2 months replaced the pads and rotors in the front and i changed the entire rear brake setup.

Old 08-06-05, 11:56 PM
Eddiebx
Visiting Guest
have you tried to slow down with the gear in neutral?

try bring her up to speed, then pop it in neutral then apply the brakes and see if you still get that clicking.

if not, then it means your cv joints are going, so its time for new axles.

Old 08-07-05, 11:39 AM
jeffstevens
Visiting Guest
I have a Ford Focus also, and mine do click a little. Not really a concern.
How loud is this noise? it maybe something you can get checked with your next service.

Old 08-07-05, 02:13 PM
greddyct
Visiting Guest
the clicking is pretty loud. its not really noticable when i have the radio on but when its off its very noticable. I want to get this fixed soon because i have to use this car to take a drivers test and i dont think the instructor will be to happy with noisy brakes.

Old 08-07-05, 03:59 PM
jeffstevens
Visiting Guest
Did you change the brakes yourself or did someone else? The caliper pins are on the top and bottom of the caliper, also check the anti rattle clips.

Originally Posted by greddyct
were can i find these caliper pins. im not a mechanic, not by a long shot, so i dont know were this stuff is. I have within the past 2 months replaced the pads and rotors in the front and i changed the entire rear brake setup.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: