Remove Toyota Camry 1994 Door Panel

Old 07-29-05, 11:21 AM
Arnie123
Visiting Guest
Remove Toyota Camry 1994 Door Panel

Trying to find out how to remove the plastic caseing around the inside door handle. Got everything else removed and do not want to force it and break the caseing. There has to be a trick but have been unseccessful finding any web site that has the answer. Appreciate any info on anyone who has removed one of these buggers.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-05, 04:46 AM
Group Moderator
Trying to recall from memory how that one comes off. You might try getting the door panel loose from all the other connecting spots (make sure all the screws are out, some of them are partially hidden) and then remove the door panel with the handle trim still attached to the panel by holding the lever up and maneuvering the door panel up and over the handle. I think the trim piece is attached to the panel from behind, but don't quote me on that.

Old 08-01-05, 09:18 AM
The trim around the interior door handle is tricky to remove. I somehow managed to remove mine without cracking the plastic case. This website has the steps and pictures you need. Good luck!

http://autorepair.about.com/library/.../aa092504b.htm

Old 08-01-05, 03:27 PM
Arnie123
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Hammylinky
The trim around the interior door handle is tricky to remove. I somehow managed to remove mine without cracking the plastic case. This website has the steps and pictures you need. Good luck!

http://autorepair.about.com/library/.../aa092504b.htm
Great WebSite. Not as simple as I had hoped but without the information I would have broke it.