Transmission Failure?

Old 07-29-05, 03:41 PM
coma_paradigm
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Transmission Failure?

hello everyone, can anyone help me with this one?

my 94 probe SE (automatic trans) went haywire on me yesterday. as im driving home on the freeway i slightly lose control of my vehicle, it violently shakes and makes my whole car swirve on the road almost into another lane. then i regain control but i notice my Over Drive Off light is blinking like a blinking red or yellow light and it sounds like my overdrive is off. my rpms are higher, i can feel my transmission changing gears at higher rpms and my acceleration isnt as fast as it should be. i manage to drive it all the way home fine but find out my car wont go into reverse. i checked all my fluids, they are all at proper levels except for my radiator fluid, which was fine when it was checked during my last oil change. also this morning i had no choice but to go to work, i manage to get there and back however my transmission fails on me a mile from home, im going 20mph/7000rpm. i manage to get home and leave the car alone for a few hours, about and hour from now i turned my car on and put it in drive, it worked like it did when i went to work in the morning and even let me go in reverse. this whole time the O/D off Light is still blinking, does it have anything to do with whats going on?

So can anyone tell me whats going on and how much its going to cost to get this thing fixed? my engine and other parts are in great condition so i dont think its worth buying a new car if anyone feels i shouldnt bother with getting anything fixed. thank you.

Last edited by coma_paradigm; 07-29-05 at 04:00 PM. Reason: forgot to mention something important
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-05, 06:33 PM
water gone?

First thing that comes to mind is your transmission oil cooler let go.Therefore the water from your radiatior that cools the trans fluid went into the trans causing problems.Look at the trans fluid for water.