Brake light

Old 07-31-05, 03:07 PM
papalou
Visiting Guest
Brake light

Hi, Its me AGAIN. I solved my last problem with your help. Now I need your help again! I changed my brakes, checked my fluids,and my brake light is still on. It stays on while driving or reversing. I am due for inspection. Any suggestions? Thanks alot

Last edited by papalou; 07-31-05 at 03:34 PM. Reason: forget to post make and model of car
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-05, 03:31 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Don't know what type of car, but if the master cylinder is failing, it can trigger a brake warning light. If the front or the back is doing most of the work, the inbalance between the two halves of the master cylinder will trip it. The cylinder does not to be leaking. On some cars there is a way to reset it if the inbalance was due to bleeding etc. but others will have to step up based on your car.

Old 07-31-05, 03:42 PM
papalou
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Make and model of the car

I forgot to mention my make and model in my previous post. its a 1991 Acura integra LS . Brake light stays on while reversing or driving. Brakes have been changed, fluids checked. Help!

Old 07-31-05, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'm making the assumption here that you do have a good pedal.... Unplug the switch at the mas cyl. Does the light go out?