smoking talon

Old 08-03-05, 11:43 AM
talonpower
Visiting Guest
smoking talon

hey i have a 1995 talon esi it was sitting for about 1 year before i had got it and when i got it started i noticed that it smoked after a while of driving it looks like it is coming from somewhere near my exhaust manifold or near my vaulve cover and i dont know where to start looking to fix it later

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-05, 02:09 PM
Group Moderator
Possibly over time you had some seepage from the valve covers onto the manifold that is now burning off. Drive it for a while and see if it clears up; otherwise try changing the valve cover gaskets, they've probably dried up and hardened and won't seal very well. Also be sure to check closely for other possible sources, but the valve cover gaskets would be a prime suspect.

Old 08-04-05, 01:44 PM
Is the valve cover gasket leaking oil on to the exhaust manifold. Also a common problem with that valve cover assuming the 4g63 motor 16valve 2.0, it will have a little hole one the bottom right of the valve cover to leak out any oil that may have dripped under the black center cover. For say when spilling oil on it, when filling.

Old 08-04-05, 01:45 PM
Also if you have anymore questions with this vehicle there is a really good forum for your car, and the people of that forum are very active and very good. www.dsmtuners.com