AC problem.

Old 08-04-05, 10:03 AM
johnny joe
Visiting Guest
AC problem.

I purchased a recharge AC kit but accidentaly loosened the high pressure valve losing all the gas. I attempted a recharge but with poor results. The instructions with the kit don't mention anything about opening that valve when completely recharging a system but it seems that it should be opened some to make room for the new gas. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-05, 11:01 AM
If you've attempted to charge through the high side port, and don't know the basics of refrigeration, I recommend having an experienced shop recharge the system for you before you hurt yourself. High pressures are involved and you can get badly hurt if procedures are not done properly.

Old 08-04-05, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by johnny joe
I purchased a recharge AC kit but accidentaly loosened the high pressure valve losing all the gas. I attempted a recharge but with poor results. The instructions with the kit don't mention anything about opening that valve when completely recharging a system but it seems that it should be opened some to make room for the new gas. Can anyone help? Thanks.

This post is humorous in so many ways. First off if you let all the "gas" out you need to pull a vacuum before you can recharge it. to get the air out.

Old 08-04-05, 12:26 PM
I also hope you bought a kit that has a guage on it because shooting in the dark is no fun with high pressure stuff. The blue cap is the low side and should be charged through there. high side and low side fitting for r134 cars can't be mixed because they are different size connectors.