94 Toyota Camry. Starter, AC, Power Windows, and Speedometer Broke

Old 08-04-05, 02:02 PM
tj817tx
Visiting Guest
94 Toyota Camry. Starter, AC, Power Windows, and Speedometer Broke

Ok i need help bad. This car runs fine the only problems i have with it are these.

A. The starter takes forever to kick over i have to turn and turn..and here the click...click..click. I work at a Jiffy Lube(quit a few weeks ago) and tested the battery, it read good.

B. Just yesterday I was driving w/my AC on, and it just died..my speedometer needles all went to 0, and my power windows didn't work...i was so hot.

C. I got in a wreck a long time ago and got a new hood, but the safety latch wasn't fixed. The hood latched fine, but it wasn't safety latched if u poped it. I got it fixed on a side job. My dad borrowed my car and the break light comes on faulty, the e-brake is poped but it lights up. He pulled the hood latch and BOOM no hood once again. I've been driving w/no hood for a good month now...would that cause electrical problems? It's rained a few times here.

Please help. My e-mail is [email protected]

Last edited by toyotaman11769; 08-06-05 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-05, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by tj817tx
Ok i need help bad. This car runs fine the only problems i have with it are these.

A. The starter takes forever to kick over i have to turn and turn..and here the click...click..click. I work at a Jiffy Lube(quit a few weeks ago) and tested the battery, it read good.
If you are positive the battery is good clean the terminals for the wires on the starter and battery terminals. If that doesn't help the starter is bad

B. Just yesterday I was driving w/my AC on, and it just died..my speedometer needles all went to 0, and my power windows didn't work...i was so hot.
you check the fuses and relays to see if you are getting power all the way to the relays coil pins
C. I got in a wreck a long time ago and got a new hood, but the safety latch wasn't fixed. The hood latched fine, but it wasn't safety latched if u poped it. I got it fixed on a side job.
thanks for sharing

My dad borrowed my car and the brake light comes on faulty, the e-brake is poped but it lights up.
The parking brake shares the brake light disconnect the parking brake light switch and see if that helps. If not you have brake pressure issues
He pulled the hood latch and BOOM no hood once again. I've been driving w/no hood for a good month now...would that cause electrical problems? It's rained a few times here.
Was it an ejecting hood latch ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Please help. My e-mail is [email protected][/QUOTE]

Last edited by toyotaman11769; 08-06-05 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-06-05, 05:25 AM
Group Moderator
Note on the starter: the contacts in the solenoid portion of the starter are replaceable at a fraction the cost of a replacement unit and they are what usually goes. Very unusual for a Toyota starter itself to go bad.

Old 08-06-05, 12:20 PM
Gauge fuse blown.......common for wires to break at drivers side trunk hindge where they meet the main harness and short.

Old 08-06-05, 12:25 PM
tj817tx
Visiting Guest
?!?!?

i checked the fuses....they seem clean? What do they look like if blown? also someone said my starting up problem could be my ignition switch?

p.s. - I have read somewhere about a 96 Grand Prix having the same problem as me. The person said it was his Body Control Moduel? Maybe that's my problem? where is this located?

Old 08-06-05, 01:15 PM
The gauge fuse is located behind the cover on the left side dash.

Old 08-06-05, 02:20 PM
tj817tx
Visiting Guest
Sorta Fixed

Sorta Fixed, how the fuse blows everytime I press the a/c button. If I leave it off and just let the fan blow air from outside it doesn't blow....any suggestions?

Old 08-06-05, 03:07 PM
Hey, thanks for the help. It was the Gauge fuse, now there is another problem. I put in the spare fuse that was under the hood of the car where other fuses are for the engine. I starter the car up, and the stuff worked shortly and POW died again. This time I turned the ac off, and just left the fans on. I bought a box of the (10a/10) fuse I think. I put a 3rd one in, and once again back 2 life. This time it didn't die....right when I priessed the a/c button it died after 1-2 secs of flickering lights on the a/c control dash. What do you think the problem is? I have also had problems with the a/c b4. It would sometimes go squeeeeeeeeeeel when I turned the a/c on. The little rotar/barring i thing? would be wobbling like crazy while spinning. It wasn't spinning like normal...like wobbaly. heeeeelp haha. oh and about the starter thing what's your take?
The A/C clutch is your problem, most likely damaged from the accident (usually the A/C clutch hits the frame rail)

Old 08-06-05, 03:13 PM
Forgot about the starter....take towguys advice or buy a new starter

Old 08-06-05, 07:28 PM
tj817tx
Visiting Guest
problems b4 accident

Well that was my First accident. A/C has worked since then, I also got into another fender bender...and the a/c still worked. It worked fine up until 2-3 days ago when the fuse blew and everything died.

Old 08-07-05, 05:08 AM
I have also had problems with the a/c b4. It would sometimes go squeeeeeeeeeeel when I turned the a/c on. The little rotar/barring i thing? would be wobbling like crazy while spinning. It wasn't spinning like normal...like wo
That part thats wobbling is the a/c clutch and thats whats blowing the fuse

Search this Thread