Van overheating

Old 08-11-05, 08:05 AM
Y
YWalleye
Visiting Guest
Question Van overheating

My 1998 Dodge caravan overheats only when I turn on the A/C with the recycle on. Seems the A/C alone will not cause the overheat condition.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-05, 01:07 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
are the cooling fans working it probably has 2 of them check and make sure they are both working.

Old 08-12-05, 08:13 AM
Y
YWalleye
Visiting Guest
Can I check the fans while engine is still cold?

Old 08-12-05, 10:11 AM
B
if the a/c is working ok and still blowing cold air the fans should be on or cycling on and off anytime the a/c is on even on a cold engine just start the engine and turn on the a/c and look at the fans they both should kick on and be running within a few minutes they can cycle on and off based on a/c pressure readings.

Old 08-21-05, 09:57 AM
Y
YWalleye
Visiting Guest
I found that the cooling fans were not working. I need to find where the cooling fan relay is on the van. My maintenance manual that I have doesn't show the location of the relay and I have to pull to much apart to trace the wires to the relay. The fuse for the cooling fans is good.

Old 08-21-05, 01:41 PM
B
it uses a cooling fan module to turn on the fans it is located on the drivers side inner fender down low not far from the radiater you will need to get under the vehilce to be able to see it and is easier to replace under the vehilce also, is held on with 2 bolts and has 4 or 5 wires.
you still should check each fan by temporarily running battery power to each one just to make sure they work.

Old 08-21-05, 03:36 PM
R
Ramrod48
Visiting Guest
fans

I know the olders ones had a sender in the RAd. that turned the one fan on .