S-10 Troubles

Old 08-14-05, 01:06 PM
multytruckhome
Visiting Guest
Question S-10 Troubles

I recently purchased an 89 chevy S-10 w/v-6 , no AC. heatercore pooped out on it , got new one but am having trouble figuring out how to get to the goofy thing , not shure it I have to take out the dash or if there is an easier way ,,,,,,,,,,tired of banging my head against a brick wall , if anyone has an idea please , now would be a great time .
Thanks for your time ,
multytruckhome.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-05, 04:24 PM
It looks like that heater core comes out from the outside. Look along the firewall on the passenger side. You should see the heater blower motor. Remove the oblong shaped cover that houses the blower motor and the heater core should be right there.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Old 08-14-05, 07:44 PM
I changed the heater core in my 89 s10 with ac and i had to pull the dash. have fun!!!!!

Old 08-15-05, 10:05 AM
multytruckhome
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by billys68ss
It looks like that heater core comes out from the outside. Look along the firewall on the passenger side. You should see the heater blower motor. Remove the oblong shaped cover that houses the blower motor and the heater core should be right there.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy
Thanks Billy , but I have already taken the blowermoter housing off , put it back on real fast to !!! lol , thank you anyway .

Old 08-15-05, 03:43 PM
Why's that? I have never done one of these myself. I was just going by what Alldata shows. I have done alot of 80's model domestic cars where you have to disassemble the dash, but never had to actually remove the whole thing. I have done many other types of vehicles where I had to remove alot more than just the dash too.
Good Luck with it.
Billy

Old 08-18-05, 08:54 AM
multytruckhome
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by j400
I changed the heater core in my 89 s10 with ac and i had to pull the dash. have fun!!!!!
I apritiate your input , got all day saturday planed to get it done , hope it's a long enough time . thank you .
MTH.

Old 08-19-05, 07:56 AM
Go here, good "how to's" yours is one of them, http://www.chevytalk.org