I have a 1994 ford tempo- 4 door need help

Old 08-14-05, 03:10 PM
odiairyluvsu
Visiting Guest
Question I have a 1994 ford tempo- 4 door need help

my car is idleing real high, what and how do i fix it? also, when i put the car in reverse it sounds like my whole transmission is falling to the ground : also several other ?'s

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-05, 03:52 PM
odiairyluvsu
Visiting Guest
1994 ford tempo- 4-door ?'s

how do i read any replies or views to my questions?

Old 08-14-05, 04:00 PM
You can read replies the same way you read your own question, but not until someone actually replies.
What is your definition of high idle? Is it above 1000rpm? 1500? 2500? Does the engine idle high as soon as you start it up? What happens if you stomp the accelerator? Will it settle down or does it continue to idle high? Did you look to see if you have a binding throttle cable? Do you have any vacuum leaks?
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Old 08-14-05, 04:00 PM
odiairyluvsu
Visiting Guest
Question help

[QUOTE=odiairyluvsu] how do i read any views from other people concerning my problems on my 1994 ford tempo 4-door

Old 08-14-05, 04:04 PM
odiairyluvsu
Visiting Guest
1994 ford tempo problems

yes my car idles high as soon as i start it and it still does when i put my feet off gas

Old 08-14-05, 04:06 PM
odiairyluvsu
Visiting Guest
car problems

also when i put it in reverse it sounds like my transmissions falling what could be the problem?

Old 08-14-05, 04:08 PM
odiairyluvsu
Visiting Guest
auto problems

could my timing be off, why it's idleing so high? thank you for your help

Old 08-14-05, 04:09 PM
Have you checked the two things I already told you about? The transmission clanging is the after effect of the high idle. If you answer my previous questions then maybe I can help you more.
Billy

Old 08-14-05, 04:15 PM
odiairyluvsu
Visiting Guest
car problems

sorry how do i look to see about the binding throttle problem cable/ and to cheak if i have any vacuum leaks

Old 08-14-05, 04:20 PM
Do you know where the throttle cable attaches to the throttle body? Look there and see if it looks like its in its proper place. Listen for a sucking sound and try to pinpoint it. If you have a vacuum gage then you could hook it up to and manifold vacuum line on the engine and read the vacuum the engine if putting out. If it is very low then you likely have a leak or other internal engine problems. Has your check engine light come on during this?
Billy

Old 08-15-05, 12:08 PM
whokaresiv
Visiting Guest
I had the same problem with idle, there is an electric air/idle solenoid the bolts onto the intake manifold that has two 10mm bolts holding to the manifold. It costs about 75.00. I went to a junk yard and got one for 5.00.