Chevy Radio Question

Old 08-14-05, 03:25 PM
Opto
Visiting Guest
Chevy Radio Question

I have a 1994 Astro van with a Delco AM/FM/Cassette player. Recently the radio and cassette player both stopped working. I pulled the unit and checked the wiring harness. There is one lead that is hot all the time and one that gets hot when I turn the ignition key. So there is power but it seems strange that both radio and cassette would stop working at the same time. The clock still works and I can program it.

Is there some internal fuse in the radio itself?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-05, 03:54 PM
Its most likely you have an internal failure. But at the same time it sounds kinda wierd that you can program the stations and see the clock... It really sounds like you have lost your volume for some reason rather than the whole radio. If you had an internal fuse blown then nothing would work on the radio. Do you have an amplifier hooked up to this radio? Or any other audio devices besides the radio and speakers?
hope this helps ya,
Billy

Old 08-14-05, 05:42 PM
Opto
Visiting Guest
Sorry for the confusion. By "program it" I meant the clock. I can't program any radio stations. Turning on the power has no effect on the radio, no stations show on the LED and the cassette player does nothing either.

There are no other components connected to the radio.

I thought it might be a volume issue, but then the stations should show up on the display.

Any suggestions on where to find a 1.5din radio? I'd like to keep the factory look on the dash if possible.

Old 08-14-05, 05:45 PM
You could check around local salvage yards... or ebay.
Billy

Old 08-23-05, 08:41 AM
Could Be Your Power Button, I Would Just Go Bye A Cheap Tape Player