97 Chevy P/U Transmission Problem

Old 08-19-05, 08:32 PM
97 Chevy P/U Transmission Problem

Hi, I have a 97 Chevy 1/2 ton V6 pickup that the tranny just started acting up on. I drove it on a 120 mile trip via the highwayand when i got into town at a stop sign and took off again, it shifted HARD from first to second, but the rest of the gears shifted fine. This trend continued at the next 2 stop signs. It was then parked for about 10 mins and then it shifted fine until i got home, which was only 3 miles farther. The fluid was completely full and looked good. This exact thing happened before with the same vehicle about 2 years ago, and about a month afterward, the low/reverse interplanetary gear seized up and the whole tranny was rebuilt. Does anyone know what can be causing this or how it can be fixed? Any advice at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks and God bless.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-05, 02:08 PM
BuzzCut
Visiting Guest
Do a google on P1870 code. You will find alot.

Originally Posted by lg_rebel
Hi, I have a 97 Chevy 1/2 ton V6 pickup that the tranny just started acting up on. I drove it on a 120 mile trip via the highwayand when i got into town at a stop sign and took off again, it shifted HARD from first to second, but the rest of the gears shifted fine. This trend continued at the next 2 stop signs. It was then parked for about 10 mins and then it shifted fine until i got home, which was only 3 miles farther. The fluid was completely full and looked good. This exact thing happened before with the same vehicle about 2 years ago, and about a month afterward, the low/reverse interplanetary gear seized up and the whole tranny was rebuilt. Does anyone know what can be causing this or how it can be fixed? Any advice at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks and God bless.